It’s Friday night. What are you doing?
Here is my long run checklist:
- Make sure running clothes don’t stink
- Have water bottles cleaned and ready to go
- Know what route I’m going to run. This is important because I have a track record of getting lost and tacking on a few extra unnecessary miles.
- Pack Shot Bloks…depending on how I feel during my run tomorrow I may or may not be giving these bad boys a test to see if I might like them for mid-long run fuel
- Since I’m running on the trails tomorrow, make sure bag is packed with sunglasses, change of clothes, sandals, and towels for after the run. Because I sweat a lot.
- Set multiple alarms to ensure I am up and out the door as early as possible. Multiple=10+ and I am not kidding you. Thank you iPhone for having like 17 different annoying ring tones for me to set as alarms.
- Make sure post race beverage of choice is chilled and ready for the morning
- Say a prayer that run goes as I hope it does in the morning. Read: not terrible.
I hope you’re having a better Friday night than I. Goodnight friends.