My dog Honey is a Golden Retriever who is the biggest bundle of love ever. She has been a part of our family for 6 months now. Katie is my parent’s dog, a chow retriever with an attitude who just recently warmed up to me. Katie has been a part of our family for three years. But if you have a dog (or any other pet), you know they are very important members of the family!
I believe in being healthy, so shouldn’t my dog be healthy too? This brings me to my point; have you ever read the list of ingredients on the back of your beloved pooch’s treats?! I couldn’t pronounce half of the ingredients let alone know what they really are, so I googled ‘homemade dog treats’ and decided I wanted to start making my own for Honey and Katie!
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
Courtesy of Bullwrinkle
3T peanut butter
1. Blend wet ingredients together (peanut butter included!). Whisk dry ingredients together and combine with wet mixture to form a ball of dough.
2. Shape the dough into small/medium/large shaped bones, circles, hearts, etc. and place on nonstick cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes; turn off oven and let treats continue to bake until hardened.
Why this recipe is great:
- it is made of ingredients you probably already have laying around in the pantry
- they are dog treats. not a very tough crowd to please!
- I found this recipe easiest to blend using my hands which means less dishes to clean up!
- I also think this recipe would be a great to use with kiddos. Kids + dogs + messy hands = a happy kitchen!
- your dog will think these are delicious and love you even more than before.
Case in point: